Louis J. DeCaro, DPM
Louis J. DeCaro, DPM is a board-certified podiatrist and podiatric surgeon—and the owner of DeCaro Total Foot Care Center since 2003 where he has been in practice for 20 years. Dr. DeCaro has nearly 25 years of experience in the field of podiatry, specializing in pediatric podiatry/biomechanics and education, and is an international lecturer on these topics.
Dr. DeCaro attended Barry University, School of Graduate Medical Sciences, Podiatric Medicine and Surgery in Miami Shores, FL. He graduated with a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine (DPM) in 1999. Dr. DeCaro’s postgraduate training was conducted at St. Vincent Hospital in Worcester, MA where he was a rotating podiatric resident in 2000, and a podiatric surgical resident in 2021.
Dr. DeCaro is board certified with the American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry, earning Diplomate status in 2014, which he maintains to this day. He was recognized as one of Podiatry Management Magazine’s Top 150 Most Influential Podiatrists in America in 2017, and received certifications in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) in 2000, and Basic Life Support (BLS) in 2014.
He has many other professional affiliations, memberships and positions including:
- President: American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics (ACFAP) – July 2014 – Current
- Member: American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine- December 2016-Current
- Medical Director/Investor: Nolaro24 RX24 Quadrastep/littleSTEPS System Orthoses Company – April 2008 – Current
- Medical Director: Stride Custom Orthotics Lab – July 2010 – Current
- Director, Podopediatrics Clinic: September 2004-Current
- Director, Adult & Pediatric Gait Lab Clinic: September 2004- Current
- Fellow: American Society of Podiatric Medicine (ASPM) – Sept 2013 – Current
- Gold Star Fellow: American Academy of Podiatric Practice Management (AAPPM) – Sept 2005 – Current
- Board Member: Massachusetts Podiatric Medical Society (MPMS)-June 1, 2002- May 21, 2012
- APMA Mentor: 2008-Current
- Vice President: American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics (ACFAP) – August 2012 – July 2014
- Board Member/Fellow: American College of Foot & Ankle Pediatrics (ACFAP) – 2009 – Current
- Board of Directors: Foot Aid 2016-Current
Dr. DeCaro’s passion and specialty in pediatric podiatry and education—specifically in pediatric biomechanics—is shared through scores of published work, hundreds of lectures across the globe, and fundraising initiatives to benefit the world’s children.
Dr. DeCaro is affiliated with several hospitals in Massachusetts, attending on staff at the Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield and the Holyoke Medical Center in Holyoke.
Daniel Paknia, DPM
Daniel Paknia, DPM is a board-certified podiatrist and surgeon with over 22 years of experience in the podiatric field.
Dr. Paknia completed his undergraduate education at the University of New York, at Stony Brook in 1997 before attending New York College of Podiatric Medicine in Manhattan, where he graduated with a Doctorate of Podiatric Medicine in 2001. His postgraduate education took place from 2001 - 2003, with a rotating podiatric residency and a podiatric surgical residency at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens, NY. During this time, Dr. Paknia received extensive training in foot and ankle surgery (elective, trauma and diabetic limb salvage) as well as general hospital inpatient medical management. From 2003 - 2004, Dr. Paknia was then selected to participate in a fellowship at Saint Vincent Catholic Medical Centers of Brooklyn and Queens. As a fellow, Dr. Paknia deepened his knowledge and experience in modern and curative wound care, geriatrics, with a certification in hyperbaric medicine.
For St. Joseph’s Hospital, Dr. Paknia has conducted research and/or has lectured on various subjects such as the treatment of non-healing diabetic ulcers, diabetic neuropathic ulcers, grand rounds, bone grafts, as well as surgical management of flexible flatfoot deformity.
Dr. Paknia is certified with the American Board of Multiple Specialties in Podiatry, earning Diplomate status in 2015, which he maintains to this day. He was also certified in Basic Life Support in 2014, and is an active member of the American Podiatric Medical Association. He is affiliated with Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield, MA, and Holyoke Medical Center in Holyoke, MA. Dr. Paknia is fluent in both the English and Persian languages.